Questions to ask when you suspect abuse
- When you get in trouble at home or school, what happens?
- Who disciplines you?
- What do they use?
- Do they ever leave any marks or bruises?
- Do they ever say anything to you about not telling or what will happen if you do?
- Are there any places on your body where it's not ok for someone to touch?
- Where are those places?
- Has anyone ever touched any one of those places?
- Has anyone ever done anything to any one of those places?
- Who? When? When will you see that person again?
If a child is in immediate danger or if someone outside of the home is abusing the child, call local police, or all immediately. The following information will assist you when making a report to the authorities:
Return to Parent Services