The Children’s Advocacy Center Serving Bastrop, Lee & Fayette Counties is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Our mission is to provide a neutral, child friendly organization that facilitates a multidisciplinary approach to the investigation, prosecution, intervention and treatment of child abuse.
Our vision is to facilitate the collaboration with agency professionals from Law Enforcement, Child Protection, Prosection and Medical to assess and support abused children and their non-offending family members.
The Children’s Advocacy Center began in 1992 by a task force of concerned citizens to find a better way to service abused and neglected children while putting the child’s best interests first. During the first years, in a small rented house, a veteran Child Protective Services worker volunteered her time and efforts to keep the Advocacy Center operational.
- 1995 – The Children’s Advocacy Center and CASA co-purchased a Victorian home in downtown Bastrop.
- 2000 – Due to the growth of both organizations, CASA moved to another location and we purchased the entire building.
- 2002 – We officially expanded to include Bastrop, Lee and Fayette counties.
- 2003 – The Board purchased a second facility adjacent to the Victorian and today it is used solely for therapy services.
- 2005 – Our in-house SANE (sexual assault nurse examination) program became fully operational.